EIS believes that a successful school is the result of building a strong communication network. Our goal is to create a school that emphasizes a partnership between school and family, providing an environment of openness, responsiveness and communication. An environment that places the child's wellbeing at the center.
Communication between parents, teachers and administrators is vital for our students' success. Therefore, we have systems in place to ensure that parents are regularly informed of their child's growth and success.
Our home/school communication strategies include:
- a parent program presentation in the Fall
- parent/teacher conference
- regular parent/teacher conference days to be held on Tuesdays each week
- the use of student planners
- regular EIS and Middle School newsletters
- invitations to plays, presentations and performances
- progress reports and report cards to be distributed each term
- regular parent coffee meetings
- letters and calendars outlining school activities and events
- online grades and calendars for parent and student access (in progress, to be advised)
School Parent Conferences
Formal parent/teacher conferences are held, more information on formal conferences is sent home prior to the conference dates.
Outside of those formal times, requests for individual teacher conferences must be scheduled at least one day in advance through the Middle School Office. Tuesdays are set aside for parent/teacher conferences. Students are invited to be a part of the conference.