||Middle School Teacher|
||The Stage Principal and / or Stage Supervisor|
||8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.|
||Sunday – Thursday except designated days off, and as mandated by the Board of Directors.|
The teacher is responsible for providing an educational atmosphere where students have the opportunity to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and spiritual and psychology growth. The teacher is responsible for organizing and implementing an instructional program that will result in students achieving academic success in accordance with EIS policies.
To create a flexible program and a classroom environment favorable to learning and personal growth, to establish effective rapport with students, to motivate students to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good educational foundation, in accordance with each student’s ability, to establish good relationships with parents and with other staff members.
- Valid teaching credential or has met the qualifications established by the Ministry of Education.
- BA in the subject that they teach.
- Highly qualified in the subject they teach.
- Must have the ability to work with others, effective communication skills and ability to deal with a diverse group of students.
- Must have a warm and friendly personality, be sensitive to the feelings and needs of others, be able to relate well to children, and be willing to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with the school’s curriculum.
- Operational knowledge of the internet and web-related technologies.
Technical Competencies and Skills
- Possesses strong oral and written communication skills
- Works independently with little direct supervision
- Works as part of a team
- Accepts responsibility and self-motivated
- Demonstrates strong work ethic to achieve academic goals
- Displays effective multi-tasking and time management skills.
Job Function and Responsibilities
Duties of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and implements plans for the curriculum program assigned and show written evidence of preparation as required.
- Shall be familiar with the curriculum standards appropriate to their teaching assignment.
- Follow up on syllabus delivery to ensure the effectiveness of its goals, objectives and aims.
- Prepares lessons that reflect accommodation for individual student differences.
- Presents the subject matter according to guidelines established by EIS standards.
- Plans and uses appropriate instruction / learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect accommodation for individual needs of students assigned.
- Conducts assessment of student learning styles and use results for instructional activities.
- Cooperates with other members of the staff in planning and implementing instructional goals, objectives and methods according to requirements.
- Uses technologies in the teaching / learning process.
- Choose and use appropriate teaching aids and supplementary materials effectively in addition to the use of audio visual aids.
- Assists students in analyzing and improving methods and habits of study.
- Consistently assesses student achievement through formal and informal testing.
- Assumes responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned and may sponsor outside activities approved by the school.
- Presents a positive role model for students that supports the mission of the school.
- Creates a classroom environment conductive to learning and appropriate to the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Manages student behavior in the classroom and administer discipline according to school policies, administrative regulations.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Assists in the selection of books, equipment and other instructional materials participate in recommending books for the library.
- Establishes and maintains open lines of communication with students and their parents.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all colleagues, students, and parents.
- Uses acceptable communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
- Demonstrates interest and initiative in professional improvement.
- Demonstrates behavior that is professional, ethical and responsible.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students’ progress and development.
- Updates all necessary records accurately and completely as required by the school.
- Prepare required reports on students and activities.
- Shall assess and review all student’s work / assigned tasks.
- Shall instruct students in the proper use and care of books.
- To complete and turn in a timely manner all reports and grade reports and to evaluate materials and lesson plans and to make necessary changes under the direction of the Principal as necessary.
- To set quarter, semester and year-end exams with accurate model answers.
- Prepare students for examinations.
- To analyze examination results and to make appropriate recommendations.
- Grade student work and enter grades into an online grade book system in a timely manner.
- Observe and evaluate student’s performance and development.
- Provide appropriate feedback on work.
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students.
- Make sure that the class list and schedule are hung up.
- Update student attendance record.
- To participate in preparing and organizing different trips, events and celebrations.
- To be punctual for the beginning of class.
- To substitute whenever the need arises.
- To use the planner as a means of communication with the parents.
- Attend all parent / teacher conferences whenever asked.
- Attend the morning line.
- Prepare morning broadcast materials related to topics taught and events.
- Take all break supervision.
- Attend scheduled meetings with the Stage Principal and / or Stage Supervisor to ensure quality in performance and to document all lesson plans.
- Attends and participates in faculty meetings.
- Shall be personally responsible for the physical environment of the classroom. This involves attention to the neatness, order, ventilation, temperature, lighting, care of furniture, books, supplies, apparatus and other equipment in the room.
- Shall perform clerical duties pertaining to textbooks, instructional supplies, equipment, student reports, records, attendance reports, and other assignments made by the Stage Principal and / or Stage Supervisor.
The physical requirements indicated below are examples of the physical aspects that this position classification must perform in carrying out essential job functions.
- Teachers performing service in this position classification will exert 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- This type of work frequently involves standing, sitting and walking.
- Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation.
- Perceiving the nature of sound, near and far vision, depth perception, providing oral information, the mutual dexterity to operate business related equipment and handle the work with various materials and objects are important aspects of this job.
The mental requirements indicated below are examples of the mental aspects that this position classification must perform in carrying out essential job functions.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written)
- Must have the ability to instruct, and maintain emotion control under stress.
- Frequent prolonged and irregular hours
Note: Job description is reviewed on a regular basis and is revised to reflect the changing role of Middle School Teacher and the priorities of EIS.
Disciplinary action will be taken in regard to frequent absences, inability to perform professional duties as designated in the above job description. Also disciplinary action will be taken in regard to any impolite behavior in regards to parents, visitors or staff members.
Disciplinary measures include but are not limited to verbal written warning and counseling about behavior / inability to perform professional duties etc…. and / or possible termination / release of duties as designated by the Board of Directors at EIS.
Amount of salary paid upon termination / release of responsibilities is dependent on the number of days worked in the pay period.
I have read and understand the above job description for Middle School Teacher and agree to the terms listed above.
|Signature of Employee